I've been looking for a great way to restore tons of moisture back into my hair, as i recently dyed it from lighter brown to blue black. I could feel my hair drying up more and more thanks to the winter weather and my neglect of at home all natural hair treatments!
It's huge in the black people community, as their hair is very easily damaged and super dry. So the sistas did me a favor, I've already been using oils on my hair since I was a kid, and it has worked so well!
Let me share my tips and tricks on your best Pre-Poo yet.
Pre-Poo is basically applying your favorite type of all natural oil ; coconut, olive, avocado, jojoba etc to your scalp and hair. You wait anywhere from 30-60 mins and then hop in the shower and go about your shampoo and conditioner routine.
Many women use hair steamers or heat during their Pre-Poos, i personally just apply my oil and use a hair dryer periodically to let my hair really soak in the oil.
You don't need to apply conditioners when you pre-Poo, but if you want the added satisfaction, go ahead and add some.
Go all natural and skip the conditioner..Opt for Mayo instead for a lustrous shine
use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair
- Use a natural oil for better results
- skip the argaan oil bandwagon and opt for coconut oil or olive oil
- use blow dryer, because its much safer than a hair steamer and hat dryer
- Put on a plastic shower cap or bag after every blow dry
- only blow dry each section for about 3-4 seconds on high heat
- Apply conditioner after an hour of only oil
- Use a shampoo thats moisturizing as well
- Apply a few drops of olive oil after for optimal results
- Skip the blow dry and go for air dry or low heat setting...Checkout my Healthy Blow Dry Tips
- Do this Everytime you shower, and don't neglect your all natural deep conditioning hair mask
CLICK FOR OIL MASK
CLICK FOR EXTRA STRENGTH - INCLUDES More Tips