Thursday, January 3, 2013

Brazillian Wax and You *Everything you need to know*

Before getting my first brazillian wax, I desperately wanted to get it done, but loathed the idea of painful hair pulling. I researched everything, i wanted to know the good, the bad and the hairy. One day, I was sick of shaving my down there regions and decided I wanted to try it. I gave myself  "Half" a brazillian wax, and stopped short, because i was making myself nervous. I noticed the pain was bareble for me, and that I really could go through with it.

I researched salons and areas around me, my friend suggested I check Kijiji as well. So I finally found a lady, she gave me a great price, and she was very much certified. The company she had worked with is familiar to me, as I use to be one of their makeup models. ;)

I went in, removed everything below and was asked to lie down on the table. I let her know I was a brazillian half virgin, and she happily reminded me its a procedure thousands of women go through, and its really not that bad.
 
After years of shaving, i anticipated pain, and let me tell you there was pain. BUT It wasn't really as painful.
 I loved the results in the end soooo much, I'm hooked. I don't mind the pain. It goes within 30 seconds of the initial pull.

What to know?


Designs: you can ask for a specific look. Brazillians are usually ALL off
Prices - The cost can vary, some independent waxers  will charge much less

Double Dip- This area is really different from legs, arms and face. Avoid places that Double Dip (dip the same spatula they applied with in the wax container)
Take a Pain Killer- I didn't take one but it does help
Exfoliate- No matter WHAT part of your body you wax, you must ALWAYS exfoliate a day before. Make sure to do this Before and 2 days after waxing to prevent ingrowns.
Moisturize-  I know seems really weird, but moisturize your down there with coconut or olive oil, as it is all natural and contains no chemicals or scents. Do this before and After
Wash- before you go in for a wax, ALWAYS shower and rigorously clean the area, it makes it easier for you and them.
No Perfume: Do NOT ever spray your private bits!


Chlorine and Tanning: AVOID for atleast 48 Hours.
Clothes: go ahead and rock those baggy pants, wear breathable fabrics that arent snug, you wanna avoid friction as much as you can. 
Periods: Don't get waxed 2-3 days before your period and 2-3 days after your period. Your pain tolerance will be high. And obvious reasons don't get it done while youre on your period .
Wine: Ask for a glass of wine at a high end place, its going to calm your nerves
Time: give yourself 2-3 weeks to regrow (longer depending on your hair cycle. 
Maintenance: you can even maintain your brazillian yourself..simply by using stripless wax, you can remove regrowth every week. Be skilled though